Its a board game in which you wear a band on your head in which hold a card that has a word on it. When its you’re turn you’re suppose to ask yes or no questions so you can guess whats on the card on your head. So… Heres our conversation…. Her word was Casino.
Laila: Is it a place?
Laila: Can you spend money there?
My mom: People get addicted to it. (idk where she came from…)
Laila: Clothes? Drugs? Smoking?
Me: No. No. No.
Laila: Oh I know!!!!
Me: Okay… say it then!
Laila: Its porn!!!
Me: What? No… WTF!
Laila: People are addicted to porn……..
Me: I know…. but what??? Why would you guess that?!
Laila: I dont know….
And then 10 mins later she finally guessed casino….
I don’t know whats wrong, but I tend to think you’re slightly ashamed of me or you’re scared of showing affection towards me in front of people you don’t know all that well…. I don’t mean constant PDA… Its just little things… Maybe I’m too sensitive. I don’t know… But it kind of hurts my feelings. I guess I should understand though and stop trying to pressure you… :(
Here is proof that Suzanne Collins (the author) illustrated Rue and Thresh as being dark skinned. Turn to page 45 and the quotes right there…
“…And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that’s she’s very like Prim in size and demeanor…”
“The boy tribute from District 11, Thresh, has the same dark skin as Rue, but the resemblance stops there. He’s one of the giants, probably six and half feet tall and built like an ox.”
So, there you go you ignorant bafoons! If you would have paid close attention to the book, then you would have agreed with the authors character choices. I personally just had a slight problem with Amandla Stenberg’s (Rue’s) acting. I personally felt like she wasn’t believable. But I honestly don’t have a problem with her race or anything like that in particular. It’s kind of pathetic that those who complained and said statements like “Why is Rue a little black girl? #sticktothebook” are really ignorant. They shouldn’t even call themselves true fans of the book if they didn’t even pay attention to the close detailing of the characters….
1. Name: Sufia Huq :D
3. Addiction: Iphone, Tumblr, food, etc.
9. Current mood: Tiredddd
10. Favorite color: Burgundy, Teal, lavender.
11. Confession: I often get anxiety.
14. Who understands me: Read last post (:
22. Turn ons: Manners, dark hair, structured back, nice smile, humorous, caring.
23. Turn offs: Sagging pants, greasy hair, impolite
28. Whos annoying: People.
14. Who understands me: That’s really a hard one… I would say Alex. I mean he understands what I wants and my beliefs. He doesn’t necessarily want what I want, but he knows where I come from. We share same beliefs on a lot of other subjects as well. I would also say Imani and I share same opinions on different subjects!
15. Someone who is always there for me: I don’t mean for Alex to be the answer to all these questions, but I have to say he definately is the answer to this one. Although he gets frustrated with me half of the time, hes always there for me no matter what. I’ll never forget the time that we were driving home from UCF and it was at the point where things weren’t so good between us. I just broke down in the car. I was so angry, frustrated, and annoyed. I honestly didn’t want to be in the car with him anymore. He said he wasn’t going to let me go home crying like this. So, he pulled over and held me until I stopped crying. We talked it out as well. He might be a pain in the ass, but I know he truly cares about me.<3
19. Who I do the craziest stuff with: I’m not the “crazy” type of person. I’m pretty chill. But if I were to do something insane… for some reason I feel like Biff would be there. Hahaha.
3. Addiction: Iphone, food, tumblr, etc.
21. What am I listening to: The fan…
26. Biggest regret: I dont know… Its probably the fact that I listened and caved under the pressure of my peers and my teachers telling me to take all these AP classes my senior year… It killed me and I know I would have done a hell of a lot better if I just stuck to maybe 2 or so.
27. What I hate: I hate a lot of things…. A lot of things annoy the crap out of me.
I hate those people who only had sex like once and all of a sudden they’re like “OMG SEX IS GREAT”, “OMG, I LOVE SEX”, “SEXSEXSEXSEX”. First of all, it kinda makes you look easy. And second of all, you’ve only had it once. So, chill out bro. Sex isn’t something to brag about. I believe sex should be personal and you should have it with someone you love. I feel like more people view it as just an act. That people just do it, because its “fun”, or because you feel that everyone else you know has done it and you haven’t. Which it really pathetic. It honestly has a lot of meaning when you do it with someone you cherish. I’m not saying you should be married or anything, but it should be something two people in love share. It definitely shouldn’t be thrown around like its nothing. Because its not. Sooo… have some class for goodness sakes!
Have some damn respect for each other… god dammit…. pisses me the fuck off.
Fell asleep in his arms.
Woke up the same.
Best sleep I’ve had in a while. I want more nights like last night.